We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to assist the Systems team by defining development / configuration specifications and business requirements. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes and generating requirement specifications.
- Review, analyse and evaluate business systems and user requirements.
- Document requirements, define scope, construct workflow diagrams and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Help design, document and maintain system processes
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the business and our customers
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
The ideal candidate will be skilled in all the areas below. Candidates with complementary skills and those that have followed alternative qualification paths will also be considered.
- To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and can explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
- Great communication skills to engage with users at different levels of the business to ensure that the requirements from all business levels are included in the requirement specification. This includes presentation skills, verbal and written communication
- Work well under pressure
- Problem Solving
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Process Improvement
- Relationship Building
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Qualified Business Analyst, IIBA (International Institute of Business Analysis) accredited or similar
- Previous experiencein Business / Systems Analysis, minimum of 5 years (ideally in the Telecommunications sector)
- MYSQL experience is strongly preferred
- Experienced in writing SQL queries
- Experienced in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Experienced in generating process documentation (working in experience in Signavio™would be advantageous)
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.